We have an exciting opportunity for an AB Deck Rating to join our team onboard our High Speed Crafts sailing to Jersey, Guernsey, St Malo and Cherbourg.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, eager to learn and able to share our TRUE Values.
This role forms part of a fantastic team of which you will be a key member by playing an active role in deck operations such as docking, undocking, assisting with the unloading and loading when the vessel is in port and ensuring that our passengers are always kept safe, including in an emergency.
As a deck rating, you will have responsibility to
· Load and discharge Car Deck
· Contribute to the security of the vessel at sea and in Port
· Carry out routine deck maintenance of emergency equipment, including life rafts, lifeboats and rescue boats, as well as, keeping the outside decks in a clean and presentable condition.
· Keep watch and assist the Navigation (Deck) Officer in a range of navigational, operational and cargo duties.
· Steer the ship when required by Master
· In port, you would secure the ship to the dock.
You’ll thrive in a role where no two days are the same, be that your roster, the team you work in or the situations you deal with.
The successful candidate will in possession of (or be eligible to apply for) an STCW II/5 AB(Deck) & CPSC/PSCRB certificate and will have previous experience within a similar role.
As a Condor Ferries colleague, you can enjoy a range of benefits from day one, including:
· Discounts on duty free shop onboard
· Unlimited Concessionary Travel for your family and one nominated other
· 33 days of annual leave (per annum)
· Life Assurance
· Full uniform
· Free meals onboard
· Free secure parking On-site in Poole
· STAR Awards and recognition for exceptional performance
· Access to WeCare employee support programme and workplace MHFA’s
· Pay enhancement for short notice roster changes, within 72 hours
Salary: to be discussed at interview.
If you don't meet every single requirement, don't worry. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply please copy and paste this link into your browser and apply online: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/2972875?cid=3196
Important details to know:
· You must have a valid passport with no restrictions for the countries we travel to
· You will be required to pass and hold a valid medical certificate (ENG1)
· Reside within a reliable commute of Poole, Dorset or be willing to relocate
· Shifts are normally 12 hours, covering a variety of days and nights
The closing date for this role is 27th January 2023 but please don’t delay in submitting your application as in the event we receive sufficient applications, we may close the job advertisement early.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Life insurance
- Wellness programme
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/2972875?cid=3196