We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to fulfil the role of Admin support with-in our busy Respiratory Team. Your job role will mean that you will build a good working relationship with the Consultants, the rest of the Admin Team and Nursing staff.
You will need good communications skills as you will be dealing with the patients by phone, email and face to face.
The successful candidate will be joining the Respiratory Team at Southampton General Hospital, based in Minerva House. You will be working with a very helpful and friendly team.
Unfortunately, there is no flexibility to consider a job share or part time hours. The post holder will be required to work Monday – Sunday between the hours of 8am and 8pm (usual hours between 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday but you may be required to work an evening or weekend with prior notice).
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
What we can offer you
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
What you’ll do
- To provide full admin support to the AACI service, to include the collation and correct distribution of patients notes, sending out of appointment letters, arranging medical investigations.
- To courteously and efficiently receive all internal and external telephone enquiries with patients, relatives, various hospital departments. GPs and other healthcare professionals, in relation to allergy appointments and general enquiries, ensuring that accurate records of relevant conversations are kept and that appropriate action is taken (e.g. passing on messages, re-directing calls to the appropriate person/department)
- To assist in the entry of patient data into the relevant database, as necessary
- To attend any meetings, taking minutes, relevant to own role, as required
What we’re looking for
- Good standard of secondary education with literacy and numeracy skills demonstrable to GCSE pass level or equivalent.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office/Excel knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience as a medical or patient services secretary linked to a clinical service or customer focused environment
- Excellent telephone/communication skills
- Proven to work to deadlines, prioritise and multi-task
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 15 December 2022
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.