Located on the edge of the city of Southampton, Springwell School is a vibrant and dynamic designated day special school for children aged from 4 - 11 years with complex learning difficulties including speech and language disorders, autism and challenging behaviours.
Our school encourages a supportive and positive learning ethos that enables both staff and pupils to work and learn together to develop their full potential, providing the highest possible standards of education and support to children, families and staff.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Attendance Officer reporting to the Safeguarding & Attendance Lead. The successful candidate will be a committed individual who will develop a comprehensive understanding of our pupil’s attendance needs, be responsible for maintaining an effective and accurate attendance system and will be dedicated to improving attendance levels by providing guidance to our families.
As part of this small team, you will be working closely with the pupils, staff, our own pastoral team, parents and carers to discuss medical, home and safeguarding concerns that may have an impact on attendance.
Working pattern Mon - Fri, 8.45 am - 3.15 pm (flexible around core hours)
The ability to communicate in a warm, supportive, understanding and professional manner is crucial. Excellent spoken and written communication, coupled with excellent IT skills is essential.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary with regular salary progression
- Opportunities for CPD
- Free on-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- Support and training
- Monday – Friday working pattern
- Excellent development opportunities to grow within a positive and supportive team
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Take a lead role in the daily operational aspects of attendance in line with policy and procedure
- Support the daily operational aspects of the Springwell and Child Protection policies and guidance
- Liaise and work collaboratively with parents/carers on attendance matters, including home visit
- Support the collation of information required for referrals to CRS, Early Help, Jigsaw etc
- Maintain strong positive relationships with external agencies, professionals and organisations to improve attendance
- Collate data and lead termly EWO audit
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children within the school
- To act upon concerns and issues raised by staff in liaison with the Safeguarding and Attendance Lead.
What will you need?
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent grade)
- Experience of supporting an attendance process within a school
- Designated Safeguarding Lead training is desirable
- Experience working with/supporting primary aged children
- Experience of supporting children with complex learning difficulties is desirable
- Knowledge/experience of safeguarding & child protection administrative process/procedures with a school is desirable
- Be organised with exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to work calmly, professionally and efficiently under pressure is essential.
- Have resilience
If successfully shortlisted, the interview will be a 2/3 panel face to face process together with a short task. A tour of the school will also be provided if required.
How to apply
To apply for this post please complete the application form on www.springwellschool.net and return to Rachel Ambrey, HR Lead, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please post your completed application to HR at Springwell School, Hinkler Road, Thornhill, Southampton, SO19 6DH. We do not accept CV’s
For any questions, or to book an informal conversation about this position, please contact email@example.com or call 02380 445981 to arrange.
Springwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
|Company||:||Southampton City Council|
Phone : 02380 445981
E-Mail Adress : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact between 09:00-18:00.
Apply On Company Site
Jobs in Southampton Attendance Officer Jobs in Southampton Full-Time Jobs in Southampton