About The Role
Overall Purpose of the Role
Responsible for directing the movement and loading/unloading of vehicles and directing the movement of traffic. The Banksman will
also control the movements of delivery and collections VIA the loading bay, by carefully monitoring the bays for any obstructions and other vehicle movements and pedestrians. The Banksman will also assist with the loading and unloading of good.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Role
1. Clearly direct vehicles at all times ensuring a full health and safety approach
2. Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused when reversing.
3. Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
4. Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant.
5. Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
6. Keep traffic areas free of pedestrians.
7. Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site
8. Communicate clearly and effectively on the 2 way radio at all times or mobile phone
9. Report any near miss incidents involving vehicle movements to Leigh Ashley – Contract Manager .
10. Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
12. Assist with loading and unloading of goods
13. Assist with the vehicle checks and report and defaults or issues
You must be able to understand English language to adhere to company notices, staff briefings and
individual instructions provided to you, which will affect your working duties.
If not obtained already to successfully complete and be awarded with the accredited Banksman Training qualification.
Self-motivated and reliable with a conscientious approach to the Safety and Security aspects of
Flexible approach to work and able to work efficiently and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
Excellent time keeping and must be able to work shift patterns.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK with documentation to support this.
Always follow Group and company policies and procedures.
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in
failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
At OCS, we’re a proud bunch of around 20,000 colleagues who put customer service at the heart of everything we do. We are not just a cleaning company; we hire security officers, caterers, landscapers, and engineers to name just a few. Our job and career opportunities are endless for full-time, part-time, and casual positions, in addition to countless internal opportunities for existing colleagues. We are big believers in supporting and investing in our colleagues from their very first day because we know that our people are critical to our business and making sure we deliver for our customers. This is what makes OCS a great place to work.
|Contact||:||England O.C.S. Contact Number|
Apply On Company Site
Jobs in England Banksman Jobs in England Full-Time Jobs in England