At Maintel we’re focused on delivering outcomes – not technology. We partner with some of the world’s leading technology companies and wrap around the skills and services from our professional and managed services teams, to help our customers achieve their goals.
We are a fun, dynamic company with a team of over 500 people who are passionate about what we do – providing cloud communications and managed services solutions.
We are looking for like-minded people who share our enthusiasm and want to be part of an innovative, fast-paced environment.
A new opportunity has arisen within the Billing Team of our Finance Department for a Billing Specialist. As a Billing Specialist you will support the Billing Team and Billing Manager with the processing of accurate and timely billing/distribution to our customers. This will be in line with customer contractual terms and departmental deadlines whilst working closely with internal departments. You will deal with billing and invoicing enquiries from internal and external customers following through to resolution.
- Timely and accurate raising of customer invoices (reoccurring and one-off)
- Accurately create, update, and maintain reoccurring customer billing records.
- Ensure all data received is invoiced accurately and efficiently daily, month, quarterly, annually & adhoc to departmental deadlines, in line with contractual terms & customer specifics.
- Distribute generated invoices via post, email or onto customer portals.
- Take responsibility for in-depth analysis, manipulation of billing/invoice data from multiple systems.
- Work closely, deal and manage internal & external queries, driving the resolution whilst keeping all parties regularly updated.
- Contribute & participate in adhering to and updating billing processes and join in team/departmental meetings.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and work part of a busy team.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills to build rapport and liaise with different stakeholders.
- Be accountable, responsible & pro-active.
- Have a keen eye for detail, analytical and have problem solving skills.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in creation of customer invoices either as part of a dedicated billing role or the wider finance function.
- Intermediate – advanced Excel skills.
- Exposure to VAT rules in relation to sales invoicing is highly advantageous.
- Ability to effectively process a high number of requests across a range of tasks and clients.
- Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous.
- Experience of Projects would be advantageous.
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Within Maintel we're proud of the talent and diversity within our teams and committed to creating equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants alike.
We are all unique in ways you can and cannot see, and we aim to attract, develop and nurture talent to continue to make Maintel a great place to work.
We have fully embraced hybrid working and this has been implemented across all of our office locations. Our offices are fully accessible, and we also offer agile working opportunities in many of our roles.
Maintel do not accept unsolicited CVs. Any unsolicited CVs sent by your company to us – that is to say, in any situation where we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy – will be considered by us to be a “free gift”, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to contact the candidate directly and engage the candidate’s services, and will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate should the candidate’s details also be submitted by any other party.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Blackburn, BB1 2FD
Reference ID: 2441
|Contact||:||Blackburn Maintel Contact Number|
Apply On Company Site
Jobs in Blackburn Billing Specialist Jobs in Blackburn Full-Time Jobs in Blackburn