We are looking for a creative, passionate and committed communications professional to join our friendly communications team.
It is the job for you....
- if are passionate about everything Sheffield.
- if you can tell a great story about the brilliant work we do with people who have mental health illnesses, learning disabilities, autism or substance misuse problems.
- if you can help us develop our communications offer with your knowledge of the latest ways to communicate with target audiences.
We are a small team, so it's a busy working environment . We support each other and we can't wait to welcome new colleagues to join us.
- Contribute to developing, implementing and evaluating the communications strategy for the organisation.
- Coordinate media responses and proactive media opportunities.
- Use graphic design packages to produce creative content for our target audiences.
- Assist in the organisation of events.
- Maintain and develop our website and extranet.
- Lead evaluation of our communications activity.
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It’s important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
- Play a leading role in developing, implementing and evaluating the communications strategy for the organisation.
- Lead in anticipating and responding to media enquiries in line with the trust’s media policy, and within deadlines; write statements and brief journalists on key reputational issues. Support internal spokespeople at all levels of the organisation, including Trust Board members and other senior managers.
- Research, write and issue media releases/photo calls and articles for core internal and external publications and newsletters within set deadlines
- Undertake in house graphic design as required to produce leaflets/posters/creative digital content.
- Monitor press coverage and issue reports
- Organise Trust events such as Annual Public Meeting and annual staff Celebrating Success Awards
- Co-ordinate the production of internal and external publications liaising with designers, copywriting, editing, proof reading and print buying
- Provide effective communications advice and support across a range of communications activities, public relations, branding, advertising and corporate guidance
- Lead the development of communication tools, guidelines, protocols and policies
- Take photographs and video of trust events and publicity activities as required for internal and external use
- Support the effective management of the communications budget
- Develop and maintain internal and external website content for the teams and services.
- Manage and create trust social media channel content and monitor relevant topics.
- Co-ordinate, write and support entries to local, regional and national award opportunities
- Develop, support and implement local, regional and national campaigns internally and externally
- Lead the management and evaluation of internal communications channels
- Lead communications input internally to projects
- Provide communications advice and support to consultations and engagement activities
- Provide communications support and advice to system-wide workstreams