An exciting opportunity to become part of a busy administrative team has arisen in the complaints team as a Complaints Assistant based at the Royal Derby Hospital site.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support as a member of the complaints team who manage complaints and concerns in line with the NHS Complaints Procedure. You will assist by dealing with correspondence received by the complaints team, ensure that records are updated on Datix and assist with the arrangement of local resolution meetings between complainants and hospital staff.
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication and organisational skills, experience of using IT systems be would be essential.
The successful applicant will be based Royal Derby hospital site and dependant operational needs, occasional flexibility may be required for the applicant to work at other Trust's sites.
The hours of work will be 8.30 – 4.30 pm Monday – Friday but this may vary dependent on workloads and some flexibility may be required. We are looking for both Full Time and Part Time positions, and job share will be considered.
Closing date of applications:
- Support the Complaints Team in managing concerns and complaints under the NHS Complaints Procedure and corresponding Trust Policy and Procedures.
- Assist in dealing with concerns/enquiries from patients, their relatives and the public.
- Ensure that concern/complaint records are updated on DATIX
- Arrange local resolution meetings between patients/relatives and hospital staff.
4 December 2022
15 December 2022
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
Key Facts about our Trust:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
- Our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients daily
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients daily.
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB – this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.