We would like to invite applications for a full time, 10PA post of Consultant Paediatric Neurophysiologist to join our busy team. We are based in Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder would act as the lead Consultant Neurophysiologist at Alder Hey for the Northern Children’s Epilepsy Surgery Service (NorCESS). NorCESS is one of four nationally commissioned epilepsy surgery services and functions as a network between Alder Hey Children’s Hospital and the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital (RMCH). At Alder Hey we have two dedicated Video Telemetry beds (one for epilepsy surgery work up and one 256 VT system for stereo-tactic EEG.)
The successful candidate would be expected to provide high-quality Neurophysiology services as part of the NorCess service and work across this network with colleagues across at RMCH, including Professor Gonzalo Alarcon , Consultant Neurophysiologist
In addition, this post holder will support the existing Consultant Neurophysiologist here on site providing a broad range of Clinical Neurophysiology investigations for children across Merseyside and surrounding areas. We provide a range of EEG activity, Video Telemetry for diagnostic purpose along with Ambulatory EEG with video. We also provide an EMG service along with Neurophysiology Intraoperative monitoring in Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy and tumor resective surgery.
- Review and reporting of NorCESS video EEG telemetry
- Support/review/report of stereotactic EEG
- Support/ review/report of intraoperative monitoring and mapping for epilepsy surgery
- Attend/present at regular NorCESS MDT
- Attend/present at national CESS MDT
- Development of NorCESS neurophysiology service
- Support the existing Consultant Neurophysiologist in reporting of EEG, Video Telemetry and Ambulatory EEG
- Provide some EMG services and multimodal Intraoperative monitoring procedures outside the epilepsy surgery service
Alder Hey NHS Foundation Trust islocated in the West Derby area of Liverpool,
We currently have more than 3,200 staff working across our community and hospital sites. We’re also a teaching and training hospital providing education and training to around 540 medical and over 500 nursing and allied health professional students each year.
The Neurophysiology department provides a range of Neurophysiology tests for children across the North west and North Wales along with providing Neurophysiology input to the NorCESS service.
Lead Consultant Neurophysiologist for NorCess for Alder Hey and provide support to existing Neurophysiologist for diagnostic Neurophysiology activity.
See attached job description