As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor you will join the Barclays Financial Assistance team who are obsessed with and are committed to delivering a best in class customer experience. We focus on customers who are in current and future financial difficulty. We work with our customers to understand their current financial situation and look to assess affordability Support customers who require tailored solutions due to personal circumstances.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding and identifying customer needs in order to tailor solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcome for the customer and the bank at the first point of contact
- Ensuring vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Understanding and listening to customer concerns and correctly identifying customer complaints to resolve first time, ensuring complaint escalation where appropriate
- Using internal systems to ensure that a customer’s records are accurately maintained and are up to date
- Adhering to and understanding the appropriate policies, standards, controls and limits of authority applicable to your role through training, coaching and appropriate communication
- Undertaking variety of contact roles, when required, based on customer preference and business requirements, such as voice, letter, digital contact
Skills that will help you in the role:
- An effective communicator with the ability to influence different audiences using suitable channels for achieving clear outcomes
- Initiative to effectively collaborate across the organisation and externally to meet high standards including seamless customer service and the satisfaction targets
- Meeting personal development objectives and proactively providing advice, coaching and support to less experienced colleagues
- Customer service experience with demonstrable solid listening skills and the ability to show empathy towards a customer's financial situation
- A team player who is able to confidently interact with others but who is also able to work independently
- Previous experience of working with customers in potential vulnerable circumstances or financial difficulty
- Experience working in a contact or call centre/ telephony environment and/or Financial Services experience
Where will you be working?
Our central Manchester offices are right at the heart of the action in Spinningfields and Piccadilly Place and are home to over 2000 colleagues who support our customers and clients directly and indirectly. Manchester is also a central hub for teams across the UK to come together and collaborate. Right here in the North West, we’re redefining the future of finance.