Job: Customer Service Advisor
Salary: £23,300 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Shifts: Rotating between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor you will be at the forefront of our obsession with customers - and right now our customers need us more than ever. Whatever their enquiry might be; you’ll support them with a personal approach, providing solutions to best suit their specific needs.
We are looking for colleagues who have empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of their personal development, how you develop is up to you but we’ll make it our job to notice, nurture and support your ambitions. There are multiple opportunities to grow your skills and develop into leadership roles. More than that, our service centres are seen as a hotbed of talent for our entire business.
As a business we believe that by helping our colleagues continue to learn, develop and grow, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most - from life's little moments to the big ones.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you get from us
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Voluntary benefits and more
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit their needs
- Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they feel valued
- Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
- Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
- Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
- Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customer’s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
- Working in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
- The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
- A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
- Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where will you be working?
OurWolverhampton branch has recently been renovated to accommodate our colleagues who’ll be working in a Contact Centre environment, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere. There are also cafes, shops and restaurants as well excellent transport links nearby.