Location: 129 Beech Road, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 9EQ
Pay: £9.90 per hour + great benefits
Contract: 24 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (store opening), afternoons, late evenings (store closing) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
Full training given
You can now apply for this role using your mobile device
As a customer team member at Co-op, you’ll provide friendly, thoughtful service, and be on hand to support customers whenever they need your help. You’ll also make sure your store is in great shape – working as part of a team to replenish products and support deliveries.
In return, we’ll give you opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career. You’ll also get fair pay, and a benefits package that includes a pension, colleague discount and support for your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
What you’ll do
- Friendly and thoughtful service – you’ll put customers first in everything you do: responding to queries, championing Co-op products and Membership, and doing all you can to deliver a great shopping experience
- Engage with everyone to succeed together – you’ll build strong relationships with your colleagues in-store ¬– working together as a team to solve problems for the benefit of customers and members and each other
- Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational – you’ll complete daily checks to make sure the store is safe for our customers, and replenish products while checking their dates, prices and temperatures are legally compliant
- Embrace change – you’ll help to embed change in store, embracing and supporting changes so they become a natural way of working, and sharing experiences with other colleagues to help them positively adapt to changes
- Co-operate for a fairer world – you’ll get involved in day to day community activities like supporting our FoodShare scheme, and help your local member pioneer by taking part in local community events
This job would suit people who have
- genuine care for the needs of customers and colleagues
- good communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with everyone
- strong problem solving skills
- the flexibility to work a range of shifts
We’ll help you learn new skills, and give you the opportunity to support your local community. You’ll also get package that includes:
- pay rates aligned to the Real Living Wage
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
- flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
- Holidays starting from 31 days per year (includes bank holidays) pro rata for part time
- 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
- 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
- discounts on other Co-op products and services
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- cycle to work scheme
- services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We want to build diverse teams where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We believe in equal opportunities, and we know it’s important that our teams reflect the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of the application process for this job, you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take around 10 minutes to complete the test.