Family Support Worker
Scale 4E point 20 – 24 £25,897 - £28,387 pa actual
37 hours per week, Term Time + 2 weeks + 5 training days
Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
Are you passionate about Safeguarding children and supporting their families? Would you like to work in a friendly and supportive environment and make a positive difference to the students of Grange Academy?
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Deputy Head in ensuring that all pupils at Grange Academy are provided with a safe and secure environment which offers consistency and continuity of care.
- Assist the Deputy Head in ensuring that there is cohesion and clear communication between the different agencies responsible for the care and welfare of all pupils and their families at Grange.
- Act as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding leader working with pupils and supporting families.
- Assist the Deputy Head in managing referrals and recording chronologies and putting in place further support
- Assist the Deputy Head in running group interventions and 1:1 bespoke support for pupils
Grange Academy is part of the Bedford Inclusive Learning Training Trust (BILTT) Enrolment at Grange is for pupils aged 7 -16 with moderate, complex learning difficulties and autistic spectrum condition. Our pupils also have attachment issues as well as a variety of learning challenges including dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, social and emotional difficulties and some have additional physical and medical needs. Currently we have138 pupils on roll with a waiting list for Primary and ASC. BILTT will be working in partnership with Bedford Borough Council to open a Special Free School. This is a truly exciting time to join BILTT as we build on past success and help shape and improve the future of our borough’s most vulnerable young people.
Visits to the School are welcomed – please call 01234 407100 to arrange
Closing date for completed applications:
9.00 am on Friday 9th December 2022
Interviews will be held week beginning 12th December 2022
Application packs for this exciting post can be obtained from our website at https://biltt.org/job-vacancies by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01234 407100, sorry CVs cannot be accepted.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Clearance, satisfactory references, health clearance, social media checks and a 6-month probationary period. This post is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
BILTT are committed to safeguarding, prevent, the welfare of pupils and ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers; irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, belief, sex or sexual orientation and expects staff to share that commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and health clearance.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.