As a member in our kitchen department, you are the heart of our operation. We are looking for people who have a passion for food and cooking and will bring this energy into the team.
Our kitchen is where you will lovingly and safely prepare and serve our great and nutritious food offer to our customers and co-workers and operating equipment such as ovens and fryers. This role comes with great responsibility for food hygiene and keeping the department clean and tidy. Our customer experience is important to us and this role is vital to exceeding their expectations.
Due to health and safety, you must be over 18 for this role.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 39 hours per week, working 5 days over 7 with 7am starts and a max of 2 late shifts per week with every 2nd weekend off.
- £10.10 basic hourly rate - we are a Living Wage Foundation Employer. Our hourly rate is increasing to £10.90 on the 1st January 2023.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon clear results in mandatory background checks. Backgrounds checks must be completed by all successful candidates and will include medical history.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
- 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
- X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
- Holiday on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- Family Friendly childcare & wellbeing support
- Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
- Free parking and you can also enjoy a free hot or cold meal option every shift!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
You are passionate about our IKEA brand, products and service & you are able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
You can act on your own initiative and give and take responsibility when needed & you are eager to learn and develop within the team and business.
You have a roll up your sleeve mindset to the various tasks & challenges that present themselves & you go above and beyond for our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Cleaning your working area and any appliances used
- Carrying out food safety checks
- Prepping and cooking food.
- Helping the rest of the team with daily tasks
- Working in a fast-paced environment
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to help!