At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This is a key role, to supervise a team of employees within a processing site, this includes day-to-day oversight of departmental goals for safety, quality,Customer demands and operational effectiveness.To supervise, train and develop team members to ensure work instructions are followed and kept up to date in line with site procedures. Responsible for frontline site safety and maximising plant uptime to ensure Customer Satisfaction, cash flow and site targets are achieved. Ensuring strict adherence to site quality standards. To lead and develop the site teams on a day to day basis by way of conducting a daily process review meeting and daily shift handover.
- Daily inspection of site physical conditions
- To ensure strict adherence to site security standards ensuring the plant alarm is activated each day.
- To ensure all PPE standards are maintained and available to team members
- To be an active member in all plant risk assessments
- To ensure products with deviations are reported, quarantined and clearly identified and investigated
- To ensure all calibration checks have been performed
- To ensure site Quality standards are maintained and continually improved.
- To ensure all plant downtime is reviewed and monitored with suggestions for improvements highlighted.
- To escalate any operational related downtime that is more than 1hr.
- Manage consumable stock process including replenishment to ensure monthly stock takes are conducted
Duties - cont'd
To ensure all products are clearly segregated and storage requirements are maintained.
To conduct weekly stock takes, highlighting products that have been processed but not shipped.
Ensure booking in of customers products is performed within a timely manner to ensure adherence to local targets
Motivate and develop a team that can cover all required tasks, ensuring standards are maintained
Create Individual employee development plans,provide coaching, and training
Labour forecasting, planning, interview/selection, temporary staffing, & Overtime
To carry out any reasonable management requests
To oversee SQDC counter measures ensuring target dates are reported
To monitor and communicate schedule adherence
Oversee continuous improvement initiatives/activities within the department
Oversee & drive 5S audit action program
Participate in site process mapping and gemba walks
Minimum of five (5) years professional experience working in a highly regulated operations environment. The role will require the ability to demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and willingness to “achieve”.
At least three (3) years previous experience in successfully supervising operational staff is required.
Experience in similar operational role in a operationally based business (production unit or plant).
Strong experience in leading teams within a manufacturing environment.
A total of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing, with minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
Technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques in a continuous improvement environment
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Contact||:||Elgin Steris Contact Number|
Apply On Company Site
Jobs in Elgin Production Supervisor Jobs in Elgin