We are looking for an organised, experienced administrative team assistant to work within the Quality Governance Team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital. The post-holder will act as a personal assistant to two senior members of the team and assist the Head of Compliance in all matters relating to Care Quality Commission compliance within the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust.
As one of three administrative assistants within the Quality Governance Team, the post-holder will enjoy being a part of a dynamic, supportive team in which there are opportunities to learn new skills and knowledge. For more information about the post please contact Alex Baker, Head of Compliance on 0118 322 8494.
To act as personal assistant to the Associate Chief Nurse and Head of Compliance. within this role;
- • Participate and assist in organising and maintaining work diaries and schedules, electronic or otherwise and manage electronic email inboxes for above two post-holders
- Provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support including photocopying, typing, word processing, database management and generating routine correspondence
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing notes of meetings including typing up of group discussions and interviews as necessary
- Prepare all relevant papers for the daily appointments for the Associate Chief Nurse and Head of Compliance. Participate in bringing forward systems for progress chasing outstanding issues, comments and action
- Preparing, collating and circulating papers and reports for meetings
- Be proactive and forward plan agenda items and supporting papers for regular meetings
Reading sits on the River Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
Our values; Compassionate, Aspirational, Resourceful, Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.
- To act as assistant to the Head of Compliance in matters relating to Care Quality Commission compliance within the organisation;• Key administrative link and support to the Head of Compliance for matters relating to the preparation, delivery and aftermath of a CQC inspection within the organisation
- Be responsible for co-ordinating a CQC Provider Information Request and data submissions ahead of a CQC inspection
- Collate information requested by the CQC on behalf of the Head of Compliance
- Be responsible, directed by the Head of Compliance for any logistical arrangements relating to a CQC inspection or visit, external or internal peer review
- In the absence of the Head of Compliance, be the administrative contact point for CQC inspectors, escalating and directing messages appropriately to the Deputy Chief Nurse or Head of Compliance
- Be the expert for all matters relating to uploading of information to the CQC information portal
- Update CQC action plans that may have arisen from a CQC inspection or internal or external peer review
- Collate monthly news bulletin for the CQC
- Have oversight and provide a summary for the Head of Compliance on the CQC performance report about the Trust (CQC Insight) which is produced bi-monthly by the CQC
- Scan CQC website for news and information and direct appropriately within the organisation as required
- To act as a key member of the Quality Governance Team administrative staff and in this role;• Organise and maintain manual and electronic information systems to ensure that information is kept securely and is accessible to other members of the team paying due regard to data protection legislation and NHS guidance within the Quality Governance Team
- Receive telephone calls for members of the Quality Governance Department when they may be out of the office and use initiative to deal with phone calls and messages in a professional manner
- On behalf of the Department liaise with the Human Resources Department for jobs that need advertising within the department e.g. uploading job descriptions to the HR system, setting interview dates
- Raise requisitions, obtain authorisation as required and process payment of invoices and part orders, in line with the electronic order and invoicing system and in accordance with the Trust’s Instructions
- Maintain departmental structure chart and ensure departmental phone list up to date
- Provide monthly download from central system on departmental appraisal and mandatory training compliance rates
- Upload data for departmental staff to Trust sickness and holiday monitoring system (Optimise)
- Progress ‘chase’ reports which are being produced on behalf of the teams
- Jointly with other members of the team, maintain a pleasant working environment and present a professional and helpful manner when dealing with colleagues and visitors. Work with colleagues to continually strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously