This is an exciting opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team and develop new skills in the world of Radiology. The successful candidate will work in our department on either a full time or part time basis, with the opportunity to work extended days and weekends as extra if they would like. This could be the first step into a career in Radiology!
Successful candidates will work front line along side our consultants and radiographers to provide patient care.
This post is open to part-time applicants and full time applicants, and there is room for growth in the future!
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To assist in all aspects of patient care with in the Radiology department.
- To assist with housekeeping duties i.e. cleaning specialist equipment.
- To input accurate patient data into the Radiology Information System, and
- DR/CR system in a timely manner.
- To make up slides of biopsy samples for microscopic examination by Histology /Pathology.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviors that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical, and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.
- You will support the work of the Radiology Department to assist Radiologists and Radiographers in performing a range of Radiological procedures, including Ultrasound, X-ray examinations, MRI and CT.
- Supporting patients during procedures.
- Maintain basic stock levels in Radiology.
- Participate in department meetings and performance planning.
- Working with other Radiology Assistants to develop services.
- Mentor and train other Radiology Assistants.
Please see the attached Job Description for more details.