Client Care Advisor/Receptionist
Part-time [to include 1 in 4 Saturdays] on a rota basis, with shifts between 9am to 7pm
Fantastic opportunity to join a busy and growing practice at an exciting point in its development!
- Be welcoming to all & communicate clearly, concisely & respectfully with all our clients.
- Adhere to all practice policies/procedures in order to support Practice Standards & compliance.
- Booking, cancelling & changing appointments in a busy practice calendar including confirming next day surgeries.
- Process cash/card payments.
- Complete end of day cashing up & end of week banking procedures.
- Handle queries from clients by phone, email and mobile app & either fulfilling requests where appropriate or obtaining input from the clinical team where required.
- Clean consult rooms & reception area on a daily/weekly basis.
- Dispense medications/prescriptions as requested & process medication requests received from clients by email, phone & mobile app.
- Log & put away deliveries of medications & supplies.
- Keep client/patient records up to date & accurate.
- Check practice emails & action/forward these to members of the clinical team as appropriate.
- Process reminders for boosters, flea & worm treatment & other administrative tasks.
- Where appropriate, record any other information on the Practice system to support the wider team including follow up information.
- Attend reception team meetings as & when requested.
- Check task lists & rotas to make good use of time to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
- Warm & calm personality - can communicate clearly under emotional & challenging situations & can respect diversity.
- Ability to manage client expectations by providing honest but high-quality service without making false promises.
- Quick learner & pro-active - able to take ownership of own professional development & time management by keeping self-informed & updated of changes / situations by pro-actively looking at calendars / messages / task lists etc.
- This will be a fast-paced role, so we are looking for someone who is able to multitask, be self-aware, think on their feet & maintain their sense of humour at busy times.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills & be confident with email, Microsoft packages and managing accurate data on databases.
- Can support & communicate effectively with clients, clinical staff (vets, nurses, VCAs), and fellow teammates.
- The ability to multitask under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Be a team player with the ability to establish positive working relationships and support colleagues.
- A love of animals & empathy for families receiving sad news about their pet.
- A genuine desire to make a difference & enjoy helping pets & their families.
Able to work alone and as a team
- Experience in a veterinary / clinical environment would be preferred but is not essential as full training will be given.
- Applicants need to be flexible as we cover each other’s holidays for which overtime is paid.
- 25 days holiday per year pro rata
- A day off on your birthday
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free fresh fruit as well as hot and cold drinks
- Regular treats to celebrate being a team eg Pizza / cakes
- 20% discount at the Vet Group, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
- Access to discounts and cashbacks
- On-site parking & located conveniently close to many other shops
- Modern clean and light practice with a soon-to-be updated reception area
- In-house career development opportunities – we are members of the BVNA and are giving all our reception team the opportunity of completing their Bronze and further awards.
- Pension scheme of 3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
From £10.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday Some 9am starts, some 7pm finishes and 1 in 4 Saturdays
- Veterinary Receptionist: 1 year (desirable)