We are looking for a secretary with excellent audio typing & office skills to support our team of Dietitians. The post holder will work as part of a team who fulfil the administrative duties which will ensure the efficient running of Nutrition & Dietetics Services.
Main duties include:
- typing and sending clinic letters
- taking calls from patients and healthcare professionals
- supporting with documentation on patient discharge
- supporting with requesting blood tests for clinic patients
- other general office duties
We are a friendly, supportive team of dietitians and support staff based at New Cross Hospital. The successful applicant will join a small admin team supporting the dietitians.
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS trusts in the West Midlands providing primary, acute and community services and we are incredibly proud of the diversity of both our staff and the communities we serve. We are building a workforce that can help us to fulfil our values, improve quality of care for patients, and solve the health care problems of tomorrow. We’re passionate about the value that diversity of thinking and lived experience brings in enabling us to become a learning organisation and leader in delivering compassionate care for our patients.
We are delighted that we have been rated as “Good” by CQC. We have achieved numerous awards; The Nursing Times Best Diversity and Inclusion Practice and Best UK Employer of the Year for Nursing Staff in 2020.
The Trust is a supportive working environment committed to creating flexible working arrangements that suit your needs and as such will consider all requests from applicants who wish to work flexibly.
- Audio & copy typing of clinical letters
- Answering the telephone, dealing with queries and taking accurate messages
- General office duties including electronic filing, printing, copying
- Deputising for the office co-ordinator in her absence
- Use of electronic patient administration systems
- Support dietitians with virtual consultations and groups
- Maintaining patient databases
- Requesting blood tests and retrieving results