SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Havant
Salary: £61,000 - £91,700 + car allowance, performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future, meeting the needs of our customers in a new way. SSE IT is building its Agile capability and continues to increase the proportion of its delivery which utilises Agile methodology and tools. As a result, those in Delivery and Portfolio Management roles need to have Agile experience and demonstrate an interest in championing it across the business.
The Senior Delivery Lead will be responsible for leading solution development teams to realise the product roadmap and will play a critical role in helping to build out delivery capability within the relevant area. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
They will be responsible for the most complex and highest priority products and value streams in the business unit they are based in. They will be accountable for end-to-end delivery of the product lifecycle and product roadmap via multiple delivery teams through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
Key to the role is to manage the operational aspects of the delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security, procurement and compliance requirements are met.
The Senior Delivery Lead will be accountable for realising the products objectives, key results and other value targets defined on the product roadmap, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. They will hold strong relationships and collaborate closely with the Product Owner / Owners and Architecture Lead, as well as peers in central group functions, required to support and ensure the product roadmaps have the right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements. The Senior Delivery Lead will be required to drive delivery across multiple pieces of work and teams and will need to be adept at prioritising their approach.
- Role holder will be the lead person within the Business Unit in terms of Agile Delivery approach. Engaging with central teams and external contacts to continually improve the approach the Business Unit takes on delivery value to its business.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with multiple delivery teams, central teams, stakeholders at all levels and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly and continually improve the approach the Business Unit takes on delivery value to its business.
- Ensure successful transition to service, ensuring change lands well and meets business needs.
- Lead the delivery of multiple technology solutions (while providing oversight to others) with a focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the appropriate methodology.
- Lead on the management of 3rd parties, reviewing their performance and providing oversight, and ensuring alignment with SSE ways of working and values. Will act as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
- Realise the product objectives and key results as defined in the product roadmap – lead and manage other delivery roles to ensure they are also doing this.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ability to work in environments that are undergoing change, working in an iterative and adaptive manner.
- In-depth understanding of IT products, services and systems.
- Ability to understand the business needs and translate technical/non-technical elements.
- Ideally skilled in a number of project management / change management approaches, in particular Agile delivery, as well as the likes of Prince2, APM and PMP.
- Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop countermeasures and contingency plans associated with significant delivery risk.
- Ability to choose and deploy the appropriate approaches for outcome delivery.
- Support budget and funding submissions, advocating for the correct level of funding to deliver against the products business and operational requirements.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.