Wessex NHS Procurement Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The company provides end to end Procurement and Supply Chain services to hospitals in Basingstoke, Winchester and Southampton
To provide a complete product control and procurement system service on behalf of specialist departments in the trust using all available computerised systems. The post holder will act as the ‘front-line’ liaison between high level clinical staff and the procurement service, whilst proactively supporting Head of Supplies in the development, implementation and on-going management of cost reduction solutions into theatres.
This role is predominantly based at Winchester Hospital with requirements to travel to Basingstoke Hospital as per the needs of the service.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Meeting, ordering and delivery deadlines for consumables (including Dietary products) to wards in order for patient care to be maintained by medical staff. For urgent items, being able to assess clinical requirements (ie., procedural urgency/quality/price/supply route etc.) and implements effective ordering and distribution mechanisms.
- Using internal systems for ordering, invoice resolution and information management in order to keep stock management and documentation up to date.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles through NVQ or Chartered Institute (CIPS) in order to be able to assess problem situations and determine, in conjunction with departmental lead and supplier, the most appropriate method of resolution.
- Must take part in all inventory control, supply chain principles, managed inventory principals, manual handling and customer service to keep the services up to date and maintain an up to date financial record of stock held within the Trust. This helps us analyse departmental usage, stock take and spend reports making recommendations for potential areas of development, rationalisation or ‘best value’ options.
- Transporting goods within the trust from one unit to another. Removal of cages following stock deliveries and putting away and receipting of stock.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full Candidate Pack attached.
Wessex NHS Procurement Ltd is a joint venture subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. WPL provides end to end Procurement and Supply Chain services, including strategic sourcing, value creation, tendering, contract and inventory management, distribution and materials management in to hospitals in Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover and Southampton. All our hospital locations offer nearby green spaces, local historical attractions and National Parks right on our doorstep.
WPL recognises and rewards staff, as an employee you are our greatest asset. Our employees are eligible for all standard NHS terms and conditions of service including a generous NHS pension scheme and a wide range of competitive benefits and services, including access to numerous discounts on goods and services and support for your wellbeing from our occupational health team.
As a company we offer flexible work locations across the trusts hospitals and flexible working patterns will be considered against the needs of the service. We offer learning and development opportunities to progress and be promoted in your career as we believe you deserve the support to do your job to your best ability.
To ensure the safety of our colleagues and patients, WPL encourage all staff to be vaccinated against Covid-19, and we continue to offer Covid-19 vaccinations to all new staff.
Interviews will be held on Friday, 07 October 2022
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch: