The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£20,592.00 per annum
25 days Annual Leave , Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Full Time, Permanent
Recruiting for Support Worker to join our Young People’s Services in Bracknell!
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Support Worker to join our Young People service in Bracknell.
£20,592.00 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave , Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Full time: 40 Hours per week, Early 8-4 , Mid 9-5 , Late-12.30-8.30 , 5/7 days including weekends and BH- weekend on weekend off
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
When working as a Support Worker to Young People no one day is like another. You could be supporting a Young Person to an appointment with their social worker, helping them complete a CV, managing a mental health crisis, cleaning a flat, assessing young people moving in, carrying out health and safety room checks, signing up for benefits or finding time to complete your paperwork like support plans and risk assessments. The list is endless!
- IT and functional skills
- Positive attitude and can do approach
- Passion for working with Young People
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Health or Social Care or equivalent
As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to organise events and activities for young people, this can be 121 as part of a key working session or as part of a bigger group. Supporting Young People with life skills is very important and this could include anything from learning to budget, shop and cook to taking metre readings and paying rent.
We work in the homes of young people so we need to make sure that they are safe and homely, this can include carrying out fire drills and managing guests in and out of the building.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with Young People
- Safeguarding Young People
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key young people to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with young people within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed.
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for Young People in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering Young People to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling young people to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys working with Young People and seeing them progress
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage Young People involvement
- Approachable and friendly
- Non judgemental
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement, able to deescalate situations.
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can-do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Solution focussed
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We are a proud member of the Employers Domestic Abuse Covenant and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants of all backgrounds