The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£20,592.00 per annum
Plus 25 days annual leave
Recruiting for a Full time and part time Support Worker to join our young people service in Bracknell!
£20,592.00 per annum pro rata, 40 hours and 24-hour contract available, plus 25 days Annual Leave pro rata, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Full time shift patterns: 08-00am till 4.00pm or 12:30pm to 8.30pm Any 5/7, Rolling rota-
Part time shift patterns: 3 shifts of 8 hrs each per week
Support Workers will provide Housing Related Support to customers to help them develop the life skills that are required to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. Support needs may include mental health, substance misuse, care experience, and complex needs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload, administrative responsibilities and ensuring the service is staffed as per rota requirements
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Signposting to external agencies and out of hours services to assist in addressing all aspects of support needs
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/domestic staff/ Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is innovative and proactive in their approach to effectively managing a shift including lone working
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self-development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
- Practices active listening skills to ensure tenants feel like they have been heard
- Understanding and implementation of Professional boundaries
- Experience working with young people
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We are a proud member of the Employers Domestic Abuse Covenant and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants of all backgrounds.
|Region or Country||:||South East|
|Company||:||Look Ahead Housing And Care|
|Contact||:||Berkshire Look Ahead Housing And Care Contact Number|
Apply On Company Site
Jobs in Berkshire Support Worker Jobs in Berkshire Full-Time Jobs in Berkshire