Department: Charitable Funds
Band 6 Part Time
Hours: 22.5 per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
Each year Milton Keynes Hospital Charity makes a difference to thousands of people who are cared for at Milton Keynes University Hospital – through fundraising and developing over and above projects in partnership with wards and departments.
This is a part-time post in the fundraising team.
As our Trust Fundraiser, you’ll work with a growing pipeline of projects that range from transformations of public spaces, provision of art and art workshops, special state of the art medical equipment to supporting the hospital’s new radiotherapy unit in 2023.
Our team also works with corporates, community fundraisers, donors and volunteers– so you will play an important role in complementing all the great work we’re already doing in the community and within the hospital.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much-loved charity and help us achieve our goals. If you’re looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
To discuss the role over the phone or via email, please contact Vanessa Holmes, Associate Director, on 01908 996220 or email@example.com.
Interview Date: 12.12.2022
You’ll will work closely with staff across the hospital to maintain and further develop our income from charitable trusts and foundations – and will have specific responsibility for developing a rolling programme of trust applications, reports and projects to support this.
The purpose of this role is to promote, develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals wishing to support the hospital. Your primary focus will be to ensure our individual supporters are treated with the highest level of care – we want every donor, giving at all levels, to feel special and valued.
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible working opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital; we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients.
The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
- To support the Associate Director of Charity in achieving the team fundraising target and own annual charitable trust’s goal.
- To plan, research and submit creative, persuasive and high-quality written applications to charitable trusts and foundations, where all proposals are consistent with the funders criteria.
- To plan and create an impressive pipeline of opportunities, ensuring that appropriate timetables are put in place to reflect the policies of possible grant funders.
- To grow the hospital charity’s income from new charitable trusts, using your own judgement, research and analytical skills to identify potential supporters and opportunities and approach on own initiative.
- To work with the fundraising team, providing monthly updates and ensuring that all community fundraising activities are reported, database audits are completed and seeking necessary support when greater resources are required.
- Contribute to the annual budgets, targets and plans as agreed by the Associate Director, Charity and Fundraising and Charitable Funds Committee and prepare and implement fundraising plans which link into the agreed overall fundraising strategy.
- To create and maintain accurate records of funders, grants and opportunities using the charity CRM system.
- To co-ordinate meetings and presentations that will inspire charitable trusts to engage and give.
- Highest standard of honesty and personal integrity at all times – to act as a role model for the hospital and the charity.
- To provide the Associate Director, Charity and Fundraising (through regular 121s) and the fundraising team (through team meetings) with updates.
Please refer to the job description for further details