At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
We are looking to welcome a new Visual Merchandiser to our Interior Design team!
Expected Starting Date: 17th January 2023
Permanent role with 39 hours working 5 days out of 7.
This role might require availability to occasionally work late evenings, weekends, and night shifts. Shifts may change according to business/project need. Although this role is based in IKEA Leeds there may be an occasional need to work in IKEA Manchester.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage, and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
We are looking for people who are driven to provide inspiration to our customers by demonstrating their knowledge of life at home and how the IKEA product range can solve their furniture, storage, and organisational needs. You challenge your team and yourself to strengthen the IKEA Brand with a focus on growth and long-term profitability.
Ideally you have relevant design/merchandising qualification, understanding of and experience in the design process, alongside experience working in retail design or visual merchandising.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Contribute to position the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Provide inspiring home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products that will support a convenient shopping experience & improve people’s life at home.
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
- Stay updated on trends in home furnishing & retailing to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- In this role you will see a project through from the original idea and concept through the planning and the physical implementation stages.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Second step, if successful you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers. When invited to interview you will be given a task that you will be asked to present at your interview.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
For any advice or support, email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!